ελληνική μουσική
    709 online   ·  210.830 μέλη
    kalouka
    08.05.2006, 08:15
    κυριές και κύριοι η σκοτεινή πλευρά του φεγγαριού
    έφτασε τις 1500 εβδομάδες στα charts

On March 17, 1973, a band in musical transition named Pink Floyd hit the Top 200 chart with the release of its new album, "Dark Side of the Moon." It entered the chart at No. 95, the top debut that week. And then a funny thing happened: It never left. Or almost never, anyway.

More than 14 years later -- 736 weeks to be precise -- in July 1988, it finally fell off The Billboard 200. Add in a later run on that chart and another 759 weeks on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart, and Pink Floyd, with this issue, reaches the staggering plane of 1,500 weeks on the charts.

It's difficult to contextualize just how singularly dominant a chart -- and cultural -- force the album has been. The runner-up for time served on The Billboard 200, Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Legend," is several years behind, and Floyd's lead in total chart weeks is greater Marley's by an almost 2-1 margin.

Label sources say "Dark Side" has sold roughly 40 million copies worldwide and still routinely moves 8,000-9,000 copies on a slow week. In fact, the album still often outpaces the low end of The Billboard 200, and every song on the more than 30-year-old record still gets radio play, with some among the most-played songs at Classic Rock stations monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems.

"When the record was finished, I took a reel-to-reel copy home with me, and I remember playing it for my wife then, and her bursting into tears when it was finished," Pink Floyd principal Roger Waters tells Billboard. "And I thought, 'This has obviously struck a chord.' I was kinda pleased by that. I thought to myself, 'Wow, this is a pretty complete piece of work,' and I had every confidence that people would respond to it."

πηγη Billboard.com
    kalouka
    08.05.2006, 15:04
    Νέο ρεκόρ για τους Pink Floyd. 1500 εβδομάδες παρουσίας στα αμερικανικά charts συμπληρώνει το Dark Side Of The Moon, το θρυλικό άλμπουμ των Floyd που κυκλοφόρησε το 1973! Το άλμπουμ έχει ήδη περάσει 736 εβδομάδες στο Billboard 200 chart και άλλες 759 στο Top Pop Catalog Albums chart!

Το Dark Side Of The Moon κυκλοφόρησε στις 17 Μαρτίου του 1973 και έκανε ντεμπούτο στην 95 θέση των αμερικανικών charts. Από τότε έχει συνεχή παρουσία στους καταλόγους του Billboard! Μέχρι τον Ιούλιο του 1988 ήταν κάθε εβδομάδα (736 συνολικά) ανάμεσα στα 200 εμπορικότερα άλμπουμ της Αμερικής, ενώ από τότε ξεκίνησε ένα νέο σερί που συνεχίζεται ακόμα. Βρίσκεται ήδη 759 εβδομάδες στο Top Pop Catalog Albums chart.
    Είναι χαρακτηριστικό πως οι 1500 εβδομάδες παρουσίας του στους καταλόγους είναι περίπου διπλάσιες από εκείνες του Legend του Μπομπ Μάρλεϊ με τους Wailers που ακολουθεί στη δεύτερη θέση! Υπολογίζεται πως έχουν πουληθεί πάνω από 40 εκατομμύρια αντίτυπα του Dark Side Of The Moon παγκοσμίως, ενώ περίπου 8 με 9 χιλιάδες κομμάτια συνεχίζουν να πωλούνται εβδομαδιαίως.

Rockroll.gr
    rory166
    08.05.2006, 18:00
    και συνεχιζουν ακαθεκτοι...