ελληνική μουσική
    790 online   ·  210.833 μέλη

REM τελος διακοπων....

vinias
    18.08.2006, 09:58
    Οι REM αποφάσισαν να επιστρέψουν στο στούντιο, ηχογραφώντας νέο υλικό, αφού μετά το τέλος της παγκόσμιας περιοδείας τους το περασμένο καλοκαίρι, το γκρουπ δεν έχει δώσει σημεία ζωής.

Τελευταία φορά που οι REM εμφανίστηκαν ζωντανά, ήταν τον Ιούλιο του 2005, για το promotion του άλμπουμ τους 'Around The Sun'. Τώρα, μετά από αυτό το διάστημα απουσίας, ο ντράμερ Bill Rieflin δήλωσε ότι το γκρουπ σύντομα θα σταματήσει τις «διακοπές» του και στο τέλος του 2006 θα αρχίσει να γράφει υλικό για το καινούριο του άλμπουμ. τους λατρευω διοτι κατα την γνωμη μου ειναι οι δημιουργοι της alternative μουσικης που ακουω εδω και χρονια και χαιρομαι πια που ακουγετε πιο πολυ εντονα στα ελληνικα δρομενα.(πρωτοψαλτη,ροκος...κλπ..θυμηθητε τις διασκευες τους)επιτελους η alternative ειναι στο προσκηνιο εστω και ετσι......

beatlus
    18.08.2006, 10:54
    Αυτά είναι καλά νέα... Αν προσθέσουν και τη χώρα μας στην επόμενη περιοδία, ε, θα είναι ακόμη καλύτερα!
    vinias
    18.08.2006, 11:15
    Το μέλος beatlus στις 18-08-2006 στις 10:54 έγραψε...
    Παράθεση:

Αυτά είναι καλά νέα... Αν προσθέσουν και τη χώρα μας στην επόμενη περιοδία, ε, θα είναι ακόμη καλύτερα!

αντε μακαρι.εχουν ερθει πια ολοι...αυτη γιατι??ειμαι περιεργος να σου πω την αληθεια να τους ακουσω σε live...
    kalouka
    18.08.2006, 11:24
    πιστεψε με είναι πραγματικοί άρχοντες στα live τους
    beatlus
    18.08.2006, 13:16
    Είχατε πάει στη συναυλία τους στον Αγ. Κοσμά, το 1999? Ηταν το γεγονός του καλοκαιριού τότε
    beatlus
    18.08.2006, 13:22
    23 July 1999 - Athletic Stadium, Athens, Greece

Set list
    Lotus / What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Wake-Up Bomb / Suspicion / Fall On Me / Low Desert / Everybody Hurts / Electrolite / Daysleeper / Sweetness Follows / The Great Beyond / The One I Love / Find The River / At My Most Beautiful / Star 69 / Man On The Moon / Walk Unafraid / Losing My Religion
    encore: Hope / Why Not Smile / Crush With Eyeliner / Tongue / Cuyahoga / Suspicious Minds / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Review
    By David Jameson
    Picture this. Athens. A sweltering summer evening. An athletics field and almost forty thousand people gathered in anticipation of a spectacle. Did I say Athens? This was no homecoming for REM. This was Athens, Greece. The irony of the venue was not lost on the band as they greeted the ecstatic crowd. Taking the stage and opening the gig with the opening track of the new album, they were welcomed with an excitement reminiscent of the festival staged the previous week on the very same stage. This event was billed as an extension to the Rockwave festival which so ably hosted the likes of Blur, The Prodigy and the Fun Lovin' Criminals ten days earlier, however REM were the most eagerly anticipated attraction of them all.

The supporting act, handpicked by Messrs Stipe, Mills and Buck, were a local band named Pix Lax who charmed the crowd with their melody and (so I was told) clever lyrics which, unfortunately for me, were all in Greek. And then… A customary, "good evening…" and REM quickly launched into 'Lotus'. Did somebody turn the heating up? At the front it was bedlam and although it never got dangerous, a couple of people made their way out of the mosh pit even before REM had begun the second verse.

As REM continued with tracks from their latest three albums, the crowd continued to replicate the energy displayed by the band. Welcome respite and a chance to catch breath came in the form of 'Fall on Me' and 'Everybody Hurts', two of the many highlights of the night. Proceedings were punctuated with the announcement of REM roadie Microwave's birthday followed by a member of the audience proclaiming their birthday. "Yeah, but I don't know you - I don't care", was the reply from Mr Stipe. Quite.

Tonight, REM showed why they are held in such high esteem around the world. Generally, their popularity may have diminished although that's not always a bad thing - they never intended to be a radio-friendly band anyway. Their music is thoughtful and much appreciated by millions the world over. More importantly, they continue to Rock with all the vigour of the so-called 'youthful' bands emerging today and then some. This performance was the rule rather than the exception. Forty thousands Greek fans singing along word for word can't be far wrong.

[img]http://http://members.iinet.net.au/~darryl74/images/athens.jpg[/img
    Γελασμένοι, σε λίγο θα 'ρθει το φθινόπωρο.
    Θα βρέξει, θα ποτίσει. Ηλεκτρισμένη ατμόσφαιρα.
    Τι περίεργο. Το καλοκαίρι φαίνεται μακρινό αλλά εδώ ήταν πριν λίγο. Ιδρώσαμε, φωνάξαμε.
    Όμορφα ήταν.
    Ποίημα "Χέρι και κάνιστρο" του Χρίστου Ξένου

[ Το μήνυμα τροποποιήθηκε από τον/την : beatlus στις 18-08-2006 13:23 ]

kalouka
    18.08.2006, 14:19
    SETLIST: Lotus / What's the Frequency, Kenneth? / The Wake-Up Bomb / Suspicion / Fall on Me / Low Desert / Everybody Hurts / Electrolite / Daysleeper / Sweetness Follows / The Great Beyond / The One I Love / Find the River / At My Most Beautiful / Star 69 / Man on the Moon / Walk Unafraid / Losing My Religion

ENCORE: Hope / Why Not Smile / Crush With Eyeliner / Tongue / Cuyahoga / Suspicious Minds / It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)